Help Contents

Overview

Quick Start Guide

Portfolio Lists

Portfolios

Attributes

Prioritization

Optimization

Bubble Charts

Bar Charts

Ranking Charts

Efficient Frontier Charts

Sensitivity Charts

Menus

The Portfolio Preference Form

Form Overview:

This form is opened when you have an open Portfolio Form by selecting the "Preferences" menu item under the "File" menu or pressing "control-," (Windows) or "Command-," (Mac).

Use this form to customize the appearance of the Bubble Chart, Simulation Results, Bar Chart, Ranking Chart, and Sensitivity Chart list forms.

Font Preferences:

Font Name drop-down menu: Use this menu to select the font type for all the list boxes in the portfolio form.

Font Size drop-down menu: Use this menu to select the font size for all the list boxes in the portfolio form.

[Style Bold] check box: Use this check box to make the listbox font style bold.

[Style Italic] check box: Use this check box to make the listbox font style Italic.

Text Color: Click this box to open the color picker to select a font color.

[First Row Style Bold] check box: Use this check box to make bold the first row of the Portfolio listbox.

[First Row Style Italic] check box: Use this check box to make italicize the first row of the Portfolio listbox.

Grid Display Preferences:

Row Height drop-down menu: Use this menu to select the row height for all the list boxes in the portfolio form. Note that is must be at least 4 pixels greater than the font size.

[Display Horizontal Gridlines] check box: Use this check box to toggle the display of the horizontal gridlines in the listbox.

[Display Vertical Gridlines] check box: Use this check box to toggle the display of the vertical gridlines in the listbox.

Gridline Color: Click this box to open the color picker to select a gridline color.

Background Color: Click this box to open the color picker to select a background color.

Alt. Background Color: Click this box to open the color picker to select a alternating background color for the listbox rows.

Column Display Preferences:

[Hide Change Indicator Column] check box: Use this check box to toggle the display of the Change Indicator column in the listbox.

[Hide Color Pattern Column] check box: Use this check box to toggle the display of the Color Pattern column in the listbox.

[Lock Uncertainty SCORE Columns] check box: Use this check box to prevent the "High" and "Low" SMART Score columns from scrolling when the portfolio listbox columns are scrolled horizontally.

[Restore Original Column Order] check box: Use this check box to restore the original column order of the portfolio if it has been changed.

SMART Score Column Preferences:

These buttons are only enabled for Portfolios prioritized using the Simulation Prioritizer.

[Display Mean, Std. Deviation] radio button: Click this button to display mean SMART Score in the "SMART Score" column, the mean SMART Score plus 1 standard deviation in the "SMART Score High" column, and the mean SMART Score minus 1 standard deviation in the "SMART Score Low" column.

[Display Mean, Max-Min] radio button: Click this button to display mean SMART Score in the "SMART Score" column, the maximum SMART Score in the "SMART Score High" column, and the minimum SMART Score in the "SMART Score Low" column.

[Display Median, 90%, 10%] radio button: Click this button to display median SMART Score in the "SMART Score" column, the 90% value SMART Score in the "SMART Score High" column, and the 10% value SMART Score in the "SMART Score Low" column. Note: The 10% value is where the probabilty of the actual SMART score being less than the 10% value is 10%. The 90% value is where the probabilty of the actual SMART score being greater than the 90% value is 10%. Therefore, there is an 80% probability that the actual SMART score is between the 10% and 90% values.

[Display Median, Max-Min] radio button: Click this button to display median SMART Score in the "SMART Score" column, the maximum SMART Score in the "SMART Score High" column, and the minimum SMART Score in the "SMART Score Low" column.

Uncertainty Preferences:

[Track Uncertainty In Attributes] check box: Use this check box to toggle the tracking of uncertainty in your portfolio. See Tracking Uncertainty for more information.

[Automatically Re-prioritize Projects] check box: Use this check box to toggle the automatic re-prioritization of the Portfolio when Simulation Prioritization is in use.

Bottom Buttons:

[Save]: Click on this button to save any changes made to the Portfolio Preferences and close the form

[Cancel]: Click on this button to close the Portfolio Preferences form. No changes will be saved.

[Save As Default]: Click on this button to save your current settings as the Portfolio Preference Default Values. All new Portfolios will then use these settings.

[Restore Defaults]: Click on this button to restore all of the last saved Portfolio Preference Default settings.